Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Predator Rifle

I am trying to decide which bolt action predator rifle I am going to save up for. There are a lot of choices as of late. Even more if you include the AR rifles however I am limited on my budget so my dream predator rifle, Rock River Arms Coyote carbine will not be in the running.

Weatherby has a nice looking Vanguard in Natural Gear camouflage with a 22" barrel and an adjustable trigger.

Savage Arms also has a 22" barrel in Mossy Oak Brush camo in their model 10 series.

Thompson/Center has just announced a new predator rifle, the Venture bolt action with fully adjustable trigger, MOA Guarantee and Max-1 camo.

Remington has their Model 7 in full Mossy Oak Brush camo. I have handled this rifle recently and really love the way it feels.

CZ-USA has a new predator rifle also in the 527 Ultralight with Backlands West camo. Anyone who has shot the CZ rifles know this one is in the running.

There are many more rifles without all the fancy camo and Predator name that will kill coyotes, bobcats and fox just as fast and just as dead. However I have decided to go after one of the marketed rifles so that I will have the full camo already and not have to send the rifle off or have to mar it with my poor painting skills.

I have been debating calibers for the last month or so. I am pretty sure that I will settle on the tried and true .223 Remington. I would like a .17 Remington Fireball for the foxes and bobcats but like the .223 better for the coyotes. Maybe one day I will have both or I might just get a custom .17 Ackely Hornet barrel for my Encore.

No comments:

Post a Comment